Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Our little Superman

I think he wants to be a superhero when he grows up.


Nights have been interesting, but not too torturous. The past couple of night he's had his awake time starting at 10 p.m. He eats, and then he just hangs out with Tomek and I. It's really nice, because Lily goes to bed at 9:30, so we have time to devote to paying attention to just him. By midnight he'll still be awake and we'll feed him again and then within half an hour he'll be asleep, and he'll sleep for FIVE hours. Sometimes SIX... I hope I'm not jinxing myself here.

Last night he threw us a curveball. I was waiting for him to wake up by 10, but when he hadn't by 11:30, I put myself to bed. He woke up at 2:30 and Tomek got up changed him and fed him. I think I meant to get up and help, but the next thing I knew it was 3:30 a.m. and Tomek was not beside me. I went out into the living room where he was STILL with Lukasz. He said Lukasz wasn't burping. I felt guilty because he's the one that's supposed to get up at 6 a.m. to go to work. So I took over with Lukasz and Tomek crashed back into bed. I figured he was hungry again, so I laid him on the couch while I prepped his bottle. He started hollering, so I warmed the bottle, ran to the bathroom for a quick pee, grabbed some receiving blankets on my way out of our bedroom, and... Lily was standing in the hall.

Tomek got up again, and put her back into her bed. He was going to lie with her so she didn't get up again but she was ok so he went back to our bed. I fed Lukasz, waited 1/2 hour for him to burp... he didn't. I put him in his bed, and fell into our bed. 45 minutes later I woke up to the sound of Lily hollering. It was odd that she hadn't gotten herself out of bed. At one point in the night while sleeping on her back she propped her foot up on my face. I moved it to my shoulder and we all slept till Tomek got up in the morning. Fortunately, Lily & Lukasz stayed a sleep for a couple more hours, and only woke up just as he was leaving.

Before he left for work, he said "I don't remember you bringing Lily to bed with us."

"I didn't," I replied. "You did."

No comments: