Friday, December 21, 2007
I can't even think with that right now. Tomorrow I'm 30 weeks along, and if the c-section continues to be imminent, then it could be only another 7 weeks.
Our little guy kicks up a storm what feels like all the time. Right now he's quiet, but often he's rolling and kicking and punching until 1:30 a.m... I think we can feel much more than we did with Lily because my muscles and everything aren't strong and toned like they were before I had her. Everything's kinda loose. Stretched.
I'm happy to say that I have no water retention yet and I don't think I've ballooned out the way I did with Lily, when I gained 40 lbs. I think I've only gained 20 so far. I know I'll lose it so I'm not agonizing over it or hopping on the scale every day.
So all in all, things are well. Can't believe the little guy could be here so soon...
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Cheese has been my #1 craving this pregnancy, along with sugar (sigh). But I also seem to crave well-rounded meals--chicken, veggies and rice for example. Lately it's been this wicked omelette that Tomek made us for lunch on Sunday. He put chopped up green pepper and onion in boiling water to soften, then added them and honey maple ham and cheddar cheese to the cooked egg. It was too much to make into a whole omelette, so it ended up being a scrambled omelette... but SO much cheese, with sour cream on top... it was beyond delicious. I've had 1 a day since. But now we are out of green pepper. Pout. And it just tastes better when he makes it for me. Even better than KFC poutine. I never would have believed I'd find something better for preggo cravings than poutine. But it finally happened. Oh, and smartfood popcorn (you know, with the white cheddar flavour) is super good too. Not to be had late at night I don't think. The Little Guy had me up till after 3:30 this morning with his rolling and kicking. Or maybe it was the glass of gingerale I had with the popcorn. Yum.
Monday, November 19, 2007
She's starting to understand that a little brother is on his way!
Sunday, November 18, 2007
I never imagined that choosing names for my children would be so difficult. We didn't choose Lily's name till the final days... but we did have a name for her before she was born.
We are having NO luck with agreeing on a boy name. A name which ideally won't be TOO common (like Bob or Joe), and not too odd, be pronounceable in English AND Polish (the tough part) or at least have a Polish version.
Before Lily was born, we had Lukasz chosen for a boy. Lucas, but spelled the Polish way. (And in Polish it sounds like WOO-cash.) Now I'm leaning towards James because it's always been my favourite boy name, but that would mean that Lily's name and his name would be the same as Harry Potter's parents. Jakob is also a possibility... it's the closest name to James in Polish. But the short-form of it is Kuba... which to me is something you'd name a dog.
These are some names we've already nixed:
Saturday, November 17, 2007
We're having a boy! :)
Most likely by c-section because of my placenta, but I'm not going to think about that right now. I'm going to have a son. And he's growing well, developing well. Everything looks great. :)
Friday, November 16, 2007
Thursday, October 18, 2007
Friday, October 5, 2007
Thursday, October 4, 2007
The baby is fine. Growth is good, no abnormalities.
My placenta is not fine. They aren't 100% sure (for reasons I don't know since my ultrasound was an hour long), but it looks like my placenta is covering my cervix. That's nothing dangerous in itself... it just means that I have to have another ultrasound between 28-32 weeks and if the placenta hasn't moved, I'll be having a c-section.
There is a chance the placenta is beside my cervix, but in order to safely have a natural delivery, it has to be at least 2cm completely away from the cervix.
So tomorrow we're going to the doctor tomorrow at 2:30 to go over the results in more detail and to see if she wants to refer me to an obstetrician now or after the ultrasound in 10 weeks.
Monday, October 1, 2007
The technician figured the baby weighs about 9oz and that I'm 18 weeks and 2 days along. That gives me a due date of March 1, 2008.
I didn't find out the gender, even though the technician seemed to be trying really hard a couple of times. Baby was opening their legs for NOBODY. :)
Here's baby's face and the part under the "Hi Family" (grr) is the forearm. Baby is lying on his/her side resting their head on their hand.
Full view of the spine and head. This was toward the end of the ultrasound, baby is finally resting again, after thoroughly attacking the ultrasound wand. Face down, curled up in a little ball.
Thursday, September 27, 2007
A strong heartbeat came over the monitor, at 155 beats/minute. That's about as fast as Lily's heart was.
The doctor also measured my uterus and said she wouldn't be surprised if I was farther along than the other doctor said I was because my uterus is now up to my belly button.
But I'm still sitting at my normal weight: 120 lbs. Hmm.
Monday, September 24, 2007
Friday, September 21, 2007
I had a bit of a surprise waiting for me when I showered this morning. I looked down and... !!!
My first ultrasound is in 10 days. Last Sunday, the craptastic walk-in clinic doctor estimated I'm at about 15 weeks. He measured my uterus and it was at 15 cm. That's where he got his guesstimate from.
Here's another test I took earlier with Lily. I think it's more for later on but there are some things I can answer. Bold means yes.
It's a boy if:
- You didn't experience morning sickness in early pregnancy
- Your baby's heart rate is less than 140 beats per minute
- You are carrying the extra weight out front
- Your belly looks like a basketball
- Your areolas have darkened considerably
- You are carrying low
- You are craving salty or sour foods
- You are craving protein
--meats and cheese
- Your feet are colder than they were before pregnancy
- The hair on your legs has grown faster during pregnancy
- Your hands are very dry
- Your pillow faces north when you sleep
- Dad-to-be is gaining weight, right along with you
- Pregnancy has you looking better than ever
- Your urine is bright yellow in color
- Your nose is spreading
- You hang your wedding ring over your belly and it moves in circles
- You are having headaches
- You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived and the sum is an even number
It's a girl if:
- You had morning sickness early in pregnancy
- Your baby's heart rate is at least 140 beats per minute
- You are carrying the weight in your hips and rear
- Your left breast is larger than your right breast
- Your hair develops red highlights
- You are carrying high
- Your belly looks like a watermelon
- You are craving sweets
- You are craving fruit
- You crave orange juice
- You don't look quite as good as normal during pregnancy
- You are moodier than usual during pregnancy
- Your face breaks out more than usual
- You refuse to eat the heel of a loaf of bread
- Your breasts have really blossomed!
- Your pillow faces south when you sleep
- Your urine is a dull yellow color
- You hang your wedding ring over your belly and it moves from side to side
- You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived and the sum is an odd number