Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Preggo foods

A friend of mine recently got married and she took a lot of photos of this onion soup she had... you know, the kind with the melty cheese on top? Mmmmmmmm....

Cheese has been my #1 craving this pregnancy, along with sugar (sigh). But I also seem to crave well-rounded meals--chicken, veggies and rice for example. Lately it's been this wicked omelette that Tomek made us for lunch on Sunday. He put chopped up green pepper and onion in boiling water to soften, then added them and honey maple ham and cheddar cheese to the cooked egg. It was too much to make into a whole omelette, so it ended up being a scrambled omelette... but SO much cheese, with sour cream on top... it was beyond delicious. I've had 1 a day since. But now we are out of green pepper. Pout. And it just tastes better when he makes it for me. Even better than KFC poutine. I never would have believed I'd find something better for preggo cravings than poutine. But it finally happened. Oh, and smartfood popcorn (you know, with the white cheddar flavour) is super good too. Not to be had late at night I don't think. The Little Guy had me up till after 3:30 this morning with his rolling and kicking. Or maybe it was the glass of gingerale I had with the popcorn. Yum.

No comments: