Thursday, September 27, 2007
A strong heartbeat came over the monitor, at 155 beats/minute. That's about as fast as Lily's heart was.
The doctor also measured my uterus and said she wouldn't be surprised if I was farther along than the other doctor said I was because my uterus is now up to my belly button.
But I'm still sitting at my normal weight: 120 lbs. Hmm.
Monday, September 24, 2007
Friday, September 21, 2007
I had a bit of a surprise waiting for me when I showered this morning. I looked down and... !!!
My first ultrasound is in 10 days. Last Sunday, the craptastic walk-in clinic doctor estimated I'm at about 15 weeks. He measured my uterus and it was at 15 cm. That's where he got his guesstimate from.
Here's another test I took earlier with Lily. I think it's more for later on but there are some things I can answer. Bold means yes.
It's a boy if:
- You didn't experience morning sickness in early pregnancy
- Your baby's heart rate is less than 140 beats per minute
- You are carrying the extra weight out front
- Your belly looks like a basketball
- Your areolas have darkened considerably
- You are carrying low
- You are craving salty or sour foods
- You are craving protein
--meats and cheese
- Your feet are colder than they were before pregnancy
- The hair on your legs has grown faster during pregnancy
- Your hands are very dry
- Your pillow faces north when you sleep
- Dad-to-be is gaining weight, right along with you
- Pregnancy has you looking better than ever
- Your urine is bright yellow in color
- Your nose is spreading
- You hang your wedding ring over your belly and it moves in circles
- You are having headaches
- You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived and the sum is an even number
It's a girl if:
- You had morning sickness early in pregnancy
- Your baby's heart rate is at least 140 beats per minute
- You are carrying the weight in your hips and rear
- Your left breast is larger than your right breast
- Your hair develops red highlights
- You are carrying high
- Your belly looks like a watermelon
- You are craving sweets
- You are craving fruit
- You crave orange juice
- You don't look quite as good as normal during pregnancy
- You are moodier than usual during pregnancy
- Your face breaks out more than usual
- You refuse to eat the heel of a loaf of bread
- Your breasts have really blossomed!
- Your pillow faces south when you sleep
- Your urine is a dull yellow color
- You hang your wedding ring over your belly and it moves from side to side
- You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived and the sum is an odd number