Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, October 1, 2007

The countdown begins

So I had my very thorough ultrasound today. I got to see the heart beating, the little chambers in it going whump whump, a doppler view of blood pulsing down the umbilical cord from me to the baby, the face (skull), spine, feet, hands, fingers, legs... all looks well! The only thing that could have made it better was if Tomek had been there with me.

The technician figured the baby weighs about 9oz and that I'm 18 weeks and 2 days along. That gives me a due date of March 1, 2008.

I didn't find out the gender, even though the technician seemed to be trying really hard a couple of times. Baby was opening their legs for NOBODY. :)

Here's baby's face and the part under the "Hi Family" (grr) is the forearm. Baby is lying on his/her side resting their head on their hand.

Full view of the spine and head. This was toward the end of the ultrasound, baby is finally resting again, after thoroughly attacking the ultrasound wand. Face down, curled up in a little ball.

No comments: