Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, January 14, 2008

Waiting, wondering

Last week during my non-stress test, the nurse commented when I had a Braxton Hick contraction, so now I finally understand what they are. I'd noticed that my tummy would go as hard as a melon before the NST, but I didn't realize they were BH contractions. Now I notice them everytime they happen, and today they are getting quite uncomfortable. But I did just come back from a walk with Lily, and I may have walked too fast since it was freezing out and really windy and I wanted to get back home as fast as possible.

I had low back pain last night but it seems fine today and it definitely feels like the baby is pushing down. I remember the first time I felt this, I think it was on New Year's day or eve and I was out for a walk with Lily and Tom. I had to go on home ahead of them because I absolutely needed to sit down even though we'd only walked around one block. Then I laid down for a couple of hours because I was totally drained and feeling weirdly weighed down.

This evening I'm feeling similarly. Judging from the non-stress test, the baby hadn't dropped down yet, but maybe he's getting ready to now. That makes me kind of nervous. I'm not 37 weeks yet.

No comments: