Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, February 15, 2008

Home soon

I've been able to visit you the past 3 nights in a row for your 9 o'clock feeding. The past two nights you have had NO tube in your nose. It's so nice to finally see your whole face! You eat from a bottle now with no problems. In fact, the nurses are continually surprised at how quickly you empty your bottle. On the 13th, you were pretty drowsy and barely opened your eyes the whole time I was there, even when I had to change your diaper three times! Yesterday, however, you were very awake and alert. Your eyes are so dark it's hard to see what colour they are. We had a nice snuggle and then I had to change your diaper a couple of times. I think you've been saving those up for my visits. :)
I talked to a nurse before I left, and it turns out they've been holding back on discharging you because your sister has been sick. So tonight we will take the car seat in to set up the receiving blankets in it so you'll fit, and then likely sometime on the weekend you'll be discharged and home with us!

No comments: